Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Nothing Left to Lose

My friends have been shmeriously slacking on updating their blogs. I win. Anyways, we went to Amsterdam this weekend. It's really different than any other city we've visited. I was glad this weekend to take a little bit of a break from hardcore sightseeing like the fanny pack-wearing tourists we are. We did get to see Anne Frank's house which was sad but so interesting. We also got to play all over the plastic playground and sweet tourist attraction that is the "I Am Amsterdam" sign. You have to! Sure, I thought it was going to be all legal prostitutes and drugs all over the place, too. But Amsterdam was really beautiful and was the most European-looking city I've seen. The atmosphere was really unique. Also, there are so many bikes. Everyone in the city must own at least three for that many bikes to be possible.

7:25 am - tray tables will not lock in place.




On another note, my left ankle is reah-ally swollen and since I've been walking on it for a week, my knee is joining in on the Pain Parade. It really hurts to walk and surprisingly enough, limping is frowned upon in the London Underground system. It doesn't make for an easy commute.

I'm having such a hard time believing that this is my last weekend in London with my friends. We booked a trip to Corfu, Greece for after the program ends which is going to be fabulous. I also can't believe this is the last week of my internship. It's all coming to an end so fast and I am just. not. ready. I don't have much planned as of yet for my last two weeks in London but cramming in everything we still want to do and want to do again. I'll keep ya posted. (see what I did there?) posted. yep...


No comments:

Post a Comment