Saturday, May 15, 2010

American Girls are Weather and Noise


Hello there. I've officially been back in the states for ten days. Last week I headed up to Providence to visit my friends and attend Commencement Week. It was good, it was bad and it was definitely ugly. At times.

Saturday morning I woke up with one of those feelings. Just a weird, not bad, not good but a little off feelings. It was my 21st birthday, I was going to see my sister, my friends from abroad and all of my friends at Providence that day. I was not nearly as excited as I should have been. Seeing Gab and my friends was great, but I got in my car at 9 that morning (still without a license) and wasn't going to get into Providence until 6. Then my car broke down on the side of 95 just as I got into Rhode Island. A few tears and many phone calls later, Triple A came to my rescue and Alexis picked me up. We went out for a casual and typical night in Providence which was welcome after such a day.

I spent the next two days on the couch. I think my body was adjusting to all the food, alcohol and nonsense I had been putting into it. By Tuesday I was ready to go for Club Night. I actually went to the gym for the first time in a long long time on Tuesday. I feel so disgusting and can't wait to get back into shape but am legitimately nervous I won't be able to do what I was able to before I left. That sounds stupid, but it's true. I'm weak and soft. Moving on, Club Night was so fun. By far the most fun night of the week. It was so great to have everyone together again. We danced up a storm, literally. No, not literally. But it sure felt like it.

Day Event on Wednesday was down in Newport. If the weather was warm it would have been a really fun day but it was cold and wet so no one wanted to be outside. We hung around for the entertainment but I was ready to get back to Providence.

Formal Night was Thursday night. It was really fun getting everyone to the hotel and getting ready and seeing everyone dressed up. But the band was bad and it wasn't the best time. Lizzie and I finally found somewhere to sleep and I was happy to get back in the morning. I helped the girls pack up that disaster of a room as much as I could and headed back home. It took five hours which was pretty miserable by myself. I literally had to pee since Connecticut. Today I helped my Grandpa clean his boat at the marina and have been getting organized, applying for jobs, trying to be healthy.

I ordered all of my pictures from the semester and they came in the mail today. They made me so sad. I want to go back. I miss everyone and everything. Being home is nice because it's relaxing and comfortable and is a welcome break. But I want London again.

here are some pictures from commencement week:










1 comment: