Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Snowy London

This morning Alex and I woke up to some snow in London. They don't really "do snow" here. I think someone told me that there's one snow plow for the entire airport so people really tend to freak out because everything comes to a halt when it snows. It's funny because none of the sidewalks are shoveled or salted or anything. It was mainly just slushy but it was pretty. My aunt said that it's only snowed like twice in the last fifteen years so it is a pretty big deal. We had another whole day of lectures from 9:30 to 4:30 which was like absolute torture. Some of them were really interesting but it was just such a long day. I'm really happy that part of orientation week is over. We had dinner with our flatmates last night which was okay and then Alex, Allie and I came back and watched a movie and went to sleep because we're still so exhausted. I feel a lot better now that my shower is fixed in my room. Tonight we're going to a comedy show and dinner set up by the program which should be okay. We'll probably go out somewhere afterwards. But it is so freaking cold out that I just don't want to walk anywhere. I'm already sick of wearing my boots and my peacoat all the time. I think it's supposed to get warmer soon. Even just being in the 40s would be a big improvement. I'm just ready for this week to be over so I can actually get started doing things and seeing where we're living. Tomorrow we have class 9-1 and then I think I'm going to go pick up some more things with Carla. Here are a couple pictures of the snow out my window and one from when we met up with Joe and Mark.


No comments:

Post a Comment