Thursday, January 21, 2010

Trips and Trafalgar Square


Haven't had much going on since last time. We started our first full week of classes on Monday. I'm really enjoying my British Television Studies class. My teacher is very relaxed and knowledegable about the system. It's actually way more interesting than I had originally thought. We watch a lot of clips and shows and film so four hours of class goes by quite quickly. I have to walk about fifteen minutes to get there and we get a 30 minute break in the middle of class so it's not too bad. Tuesday I felt really sick so I went to Carla's right after class. I did my laundry and rested on the couch most of the day. She made us a really nice chicken parmasean for dinner when Peter got home. Then we watched a great French movie about a school for troubled boys and a choir they start there. I didn't think I would like the subtitles but after a while you forget they're there. The music was so beautiful. Then Anthony and his friend got in and we chatted with them for a bit. I headed home to sleep and felt a little bit better on Wednesday.

Wednesday night I met up with Anthony and we went to this really cool pub called Gordon's which is like in the underground tunnels of London but it was crowded and hot so we took our bottle of wine and sat in Trafalgar Square. It was so great. It's like those things you always want to do but never actually get around to. Spontaneous and beautiful. Such a good time. Then we took a scenic walk past Buckingham Palace and Green Park and hung out back here in the kitchen. We can't have guests stay here late so they had to leave about 12. This morning I had to go to the Branding Museum for my marketing class. It was kind of boring but we have to find a topic there to write our paper on. Then Alex, Allie and I met Anthony and his friend to go down to Brick Lane. It's in the financial district and is famous for its Indian Food. Alex has her internship interview there tomorrow so we wanted to make sure she knew where she was going. We hung out at a cool place for lunch and walked around a while.

We just got home and the girls and I are going to make tacos for dinner. Alex, Allie and I decided to order our groceries online because they deliver for free if its over 100 pounds. We just made it by combining our orders so that will be here within the hour. It's nice not to have to carry our heavy stuff all the way from the store in the cold or pay for a cab. Hope everyone at home is doing well. I'm mailing postcards tomorrow. I'll talk to you all soon!













No comments:

Post a Comment